Living in Your Home During Mold Removal
When there is mold in your house or apartment, you might have an idea about the damage that it can do to your property. However, many people fail to realize that this one type of fungus can be just as bad on their health. If you think about it, mold spores have a large area to be spread across whenever you have mold in your home, and it only takes one breathing them in to get sick. That is why the best option is always to hire a professional mold removal company like National Restoration Experts. They will know exactly how to deal with the job, and they’ll have all of the tools that they need.
In addition to health concerns, there is also the question of safety when it comes to mold removal. You don’t want to be in the same room as the technicians unless you have proper protection. That means that you should not only leave the home, but also keep pets and children away. There is a chance that they will be exposed to harmful airborne particles, which can lead to all sorts of problems.
With that being said, it may still be possible for you to stay in the house if there’s a room that’s separate from where the technicians are working. In most cases, you’ll be safe in another area unless the mold was extremely prominent and it’s covering nearly every wall. If the mold is deemed a hazard to your health, then relocation during the removal process may be covered by your insurance. More information about mold removal and cleanup, as well as how it can affect the health and safety of everyone on the property, can be found in the sections below.
- What is Mold Removal: Mold removal is the process of removing all mold development from a property to protect the occupant’s health and safety while also preserving the structural integrity of the building. Mold treatment and removal initiatives often begin with a thorough investigation to establish the source of the mold and the extent of the damage. Following the first assessment, a mold removal specialist will recommend the best course of action. Containment of afflicted areas, air filtering (through negative air), sanitization and cleaning, and replacement of porous materials such as drywall, insulation, ceilings, and floors are all possible.
- How is Mold Dangerous in My Home: Mold growth consumes building materials slowly while releasing microscopic spores that can have a negative influence on the health and safety of everyone on the site. This can begin in as little as a few days after water damage or moisture is introduced. This is why a professional restoration company must be contacted as soon as possible to restore the property and provide a safe living environment for everyone.
- What Can I Do to Prevent Mold: Mold prevention is something that can be done on a daily basis. The most crucial measure is to maintain low humidity levels in the home, especially on hot, humid summer days. Wet areas, such as bathrooms after showers, must also be dried immediately, as well as boosting airflow throughout the property. To keep mold at bay, any leaks in the toilet, shower, or sink should be fixed as soon as possible.
- Which Areas are Affected by Mold: If the mold is limited to the bathroom and you have another available, you should not be required to evacuate the premises. However, if the primary living spaces, such as the living room, kitchen, or dining room, are impacted, you might need to consider alternate accommodation. The HVAC system is another typical location for mold development. If this is compromised, it must be switched off until the mold is removed. This will be a huge nuisance for everyone if you are dealing with severe temperatures.
- Will the Removal Work be Extensive: This question can determine whether or not you stay in your house during the mold repair and removal procedure. While a minor renovation may be finished quickly and with little disruption, a bigger job might last for weeks, making it hard to live at home. Staying in the home is out of the question for “fully involved structure” projects since all areas will be affected, and content cleaning and pack out services, as well as any other restoration services, will be required.
- Will You be Bothered by the Noise: Negative air machines, dehumidifiers, and other professional equipment will need to be running almost constantly in containment chambers. This can make a lot of noise throughout the house and disturb some people’s sleep. These equipment may be able to be turned off at night, but not in big cleanups. Before you turn them off, consult with your mold cleanup professional.
- Will You be Bothered by Uncomfortable Temperatures: The amount of equipment in operation can cause temperatures within and outside the containment chambers to rise to uncomfortably high levels. This might be a major issue for some, especially if the HVAC system is switched off. Even if the system is not impacted, it may need to be turned off for a variety of reasons throughout the cleanup effort.
- Can You Handle a Reconstruction Project in the Home: Mold should be managed in the containment chambers during the cleanup service, but dust, debris, and noise from the reconstruction may be a concern for certain households. Because repair may need the removal of drywall and other construction components, many families may find the disruption to everyday routines intolerable.
What to Expect
The ultimate answer to whether or not you are safe at home during mold removal will be determined mainly by the project’s location and extent. If several primary living spaces, as well as the HVAC system, are impacted, it is strongly advised to seek new accommodation. However, if only one bathroom or basement is impacted, you should be able to get by with minimum disruption.
Regardless of how far the mold has gone, it is critical to contact a mold removal company as soon as you discover it. Even if the mold is minor, it can spread to other areas of the property and endanger the health and safety of everyone in the house.
Because mold thrives on moisture and organic materials, the best approach to avoid mold is to keep all moisture levels in the home at a minimum. If you detect any musty odors and are concerned about mold growth, it is advisable to contact a mold removal company, which will be able to discover any and all forms of mold on the property.
A Mold Removal Company Serving South Florida
Contact National Restoration Experts at 754-216-4660 now for 24 hour mold removal services, or receive a quote from our website. In 30 to 60 minutes, our mold removal crew can arrive at your south Florida house or office.
Have you ever wondered if black mold can cause health problems? Read more here.