Looking for tips on water extraction from flooring? If you have wooden floors in your home or business, flooding can be especially devastating. Wood is especially prone to absorbing water because of it’s porousness so it doesn’t take long for water damage on wooden floors to become irreparable. Quick action is important in these situations. You need to perform water extraction for flooring as soon as possible after flooding has occurred in your building. Tackling the problem early on will give you a better chance of restoring your floor to the state it was before the flooding took place. The best option is contacting professional water damage restoration company like National Restoration Experts, who can help you with extracting moisture from wooden flooring.
What is Water Extraction?
Water extraction is the process of removing all the standing water and moisture from a flooded area of a building. Not only is this necessary to begin the drying process and prevent structural damage, it can also prevent the growth of mold that can lead to toxic spores in the air. There are a few steps that make up the water extraction process to make sure the job is done effectively as possible.
- All standing water is removed from the area using industrial vacuums and submersible pumps.
- Moisture detectors and hydrometers are used to measure just how high the moisture saturation is.
- Infrared cameras may be used to detect hidden water in walls and ceilings.
- The floor is properly cleaned and disinfected.
All these precautions are to make sure absolutely no water is left behind. This includes the water that may have seeped into the cracks of a building. Water extraction is important when it comes to floors because the water can seep through the flooring into the subfloor beneath, at which it can become harder to completely repair the water damage.
What You Need to Know Before Performing Water Extraction:
Get The Proper Gear
You need to acquire the proper tools and supplies before you start a water extraction job. This can include equipment such as:
- Shop vacuum
- Stiff Brush
- Disinfectant cleaning solution
- Rubber gloves
- Absorbent gloves
Take the Proper Steps
There are certain instructions you need to follow to properly clean a water damaged floor. The steps are as follows:
- Get rid of all surface water: Use a vacuum on wet mode to remove any and all surface water that you can.
- Clean the floor: Use your disinfectant solution of choice to mop the floor. The floor should then be completely scrubbed including any wooden areas around the floor.
- Get rid of mold: Use a proper disinfectant to completely get rid of any mold you see growing on the floor.
- Completely dry the floor: You want to dry the floor slowly through the use of fans. Open any doors or windows to help with the ventilation in the room.
Call a Professional Water Extraction Company
All of these steps can be overwhelming when you’re trying to tackle the task by yourself. National Restoration Experts is a professional water extraction company that offers water damage restoration services to South Florida. We’ve served the community for years with our fast and professional service and we have the expertise necessary to help salvage flooded floors. Whenever disaster strikes, you can visit our website or contact National Restoration Experts at (754) 219-4660.